For many reasons, your institution needs a Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Risk Management framework, IT Risk/Value knowledge and Information Security policies, for example for regulatory requirements (e.g. direct/indirect financial regulator compliance), to meet customer expectations, for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), to meet industry standards (e.g. ISO) and/or to achieve a better/cheaper insurance arrangements.
This 2-week comprehensive program in Kampala (Uganda) has the building blocks you need to get your organisation (and your CV!) up to the global standards. Choose all components, or just a few! This course is tailored to organisations in the East African Community (EAC) region.
This program includes the latest best practice tips, templates and methodologies in the area of Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Risk Management and is delivered by a worldwide expert consultant on the topics, and ISO22301 plus ISO31000 certification exams are included. In addition, best practice IT Management (incl IT Risk), Project management and Information Security topics are covered, including the ISO27001 Fd exam.
Optional components (combination discounts apply)
- 19-21 Jan / 13-15 Apr / 9-11 Sep / 2-4 Nov 2015: Business Continuity practical 3-day workshop (incl ISO22301 exam)
Incl interactive Banking Sector ‘card game’ and the 1-hour international PECB ISO22301 Fd certification exam
- 22+23 Jan / 16+17 Apr / 7+8 Sep / 5+6 Nov 2015: Risk Manager 2-day course (incl ISO31000 exam)
Incl 2-hour international PECB ISO31000 Risk Manager certification exam
- 27 Jan 2015 / 21 Apr 2015 / 2 Sep 2015 / 9 Nov 2015: Practical IT Management & IT Risk (incl COBIT, ITIL)
including ITIL, COBIT for IT performance improvement, IT Risk reduction, IT value improvement
- 28+29 Jan / 22+23 Apr / 3+4 Sep / 10+11 Nov 2015: Information Security & Cyber crime case studies (incl ISO27001 exam)
Information Security best practice course incl PECB ISO27001 Fd certification exam
- 30 Jan 2015 / 24 Apr 2015 / 1 Sep 2015 / 12 Nov 2015: Practical Project Management Masterclass
I.e. ‘PRINCE2 in the real world’, pitfalls and success factors in Project Management
The ISO standards/certifications included in the course are rapidly becoming the default world standard in Business Continuity Management, Risk Management and Information Security. Key benefits of choosing us as your provider:
- The examination is provided by the international PECB certification body (not just a local training company)
- Your certificates are recognised wherever you may travel in the world, and by multinational companies, and the PECB institute is ANSI certified.
- The training delivered by international expert trainers from Business As Usual, who have implemented these processes across 4 continents and deliver courses in an engaging way ensuring an optimum learning experience.
What clients say
- This training enhances day-to-day knowledge-sharing and perspectives to the modern world.” – A. Kiggundu, United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- “Very lively training program for Risk management practitioners, done by an articulate, knowledgeable and supportive trainer” – S. Kyeyune, Pride Microfinance Ltd, Uganda
- “These courses are very relevant and informative and easily applicable in our workplace. The facilitator is also very knowledgeable and eloquent.” – J. Nyaboke, Central Bank of Kenya (CBK)
- “The course is very informative, lots of value addition to my work environment.” – A. Omara, Central Bank of Uganda (BOU)
- “Very good. Very interactive. The courses are relevant and useful.” – E. Kiwalabye, Finance Trust Bank, Uganda (FTB)
Get trained by the best…
- Trainer trained 1000+ individuals across Australasia, Europe and Africa
- Assisted as a consultant 100+ companies with their Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Risk Management challenges
- Presents at conferences globally, totaling 10,000+ delegates
Get ready for the real Business Continuity and Risk Management challenges at work…
- Learn from delegates across different disciplines and industries
- Benefit from this program which was developed in accordance with global industry guidelines and Government standards
- Earn CEAP points and/or get assistance with international associations’ membership levels (BCI, DRII/CBCP, other – actual points depend on individual circumstances)
We are proud to report that 99% of our delegates who have participated in the certification courses and taken the exams since we’ve started hosting them, have passed the exam and obtained the internationally acclaimed ISO22301, ISO27001 or ISO31000 certificates. Become one of them!
Benefits of a proper Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Information Security and Risk Management framework
- Meeting regulatory requirements
- Achieving insurance premium discounts
- Gaining competitive advantage when responding to Requests for Tender/Proposal (RfPs)
- Reducing risks, and improving the capability of your organisation to continue critical activities “no matter what”
- Providing shareholders, customers, employees, 3rd parties and general public with confidence in your business
- Ensuring common terminology/language about BCM/DR/Risk/Information Security (IS) across your organisation
- Enhancing motivation of your teams to perform well in regards to BC/DR testing and IS
- Increase control over BC/DR/Risk/IS Management processes and improve ability to measure progress.
Kampala (Uganda): Next modular program 1-11 Sep 2015
For any in-house options and international dates of this program anywhere in the world submit the form below.
Workshops in other cities in Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Europe and Asia are held at request.
We are an authorised PECB training provider since 2012.
Ready to enrol?Browse our upcoming Training & Events
Signup for our Newsletter