Risk, Business Continuity & Cyber Security training – Modular program
5-day modular program. Includes optional ISO 31000, ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 certification exams and international lifetime re-certification!
“This course was an eye opener for me of how to set an international standard for my organisation. I did this ISO training course and learned how to set an ISMS (Information Security Management System) in order to achieve compliance. It also provided ways to perform audits, not to find a fault in colleague’s work, but rather to make sure they are complaint and consistent with ISMS. And prepare to take risk proactively.” – Senior System Analyst, Ministry of Public Enterprises, Suva (Fiji)
“The consultants of Business as Usual provided outstanding service and training in areas related to business continuity planning. The training and mentoring of PNG IRC officers and management was exemplary.” – Head of Training, Internal Revenue Commission, Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)
About the training
For many reasons, your organisation needs a Business Continuity Plan, proper Security Controls and Risk Management framework/practices. This can be to meet regulatory requirements (e.g. Government, Central Bank compliance), to meet customer expectations, for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), to meet industry standards (e.g. ISO) and/or to achieve a better/cheaper insurance arrangement.
Whether or not you have experience in these topics, we offer courses for all levels, and none of these have a formal prerequisite. You may choose the topics(s) that are of most interest to you. If you are keen to certify your Information Security (incl. Cyber Risk), Risk Management and/or Business Continuity skills, join this unique modular course including optional ISO 27001/31000/22301 certification exams. These ISO standards are rapidly becoming the default standard in Information Security, Risk Management and Business Continuity! The course is super practical, whilst developed in accordance with global industry guidelines and Government standards.
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security, Risk Management and/or Business Continuity system. This training is based on both theory and practice: lectures illustrated with examples based on real case studies. During the training, review exercises are provided to assist with your exam preparation. These practice tests are similar to the certification exams.
The trainer is also trained in the brand new ISO27032 Cyber Security standard and will incorporate related content into the course. The course also includes a range of Cyber Crime (i.e. malware, data breach etc) case studies, as well as practical exercises to asses recent real-life data breaches against the ISO standards.
Monday: Risk Management – in practice and according to ISO 31000
Tuesday: Information Security & Cyber Risk – in practice and according to ISO 27001/27032
Wednesday: Business Continuity – in practice and according to ISO 22301
Thursday: Exam preparation and 1 ISO exam
Friday: Up to 2 additional ISO exam prep & exams
The modules are a compact version of our regular training packages and include all information tailored to the needs of professionals in the Pacific. The learning objectives of each module can be found on the course pages of our website:
One or more certificates of “PECB Certified ISO Foundation” will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam(s).
We are proud to report that 99% of our delegates who have participated in the certification courses and taken the exams since we’ve started hosting them, have passed the exam and obtained the internationally acclaimed ISO certificate. Become one of them! Foundation candidates receive lifetime free recertification.
For more information about ISO/IEC and the PECB certification process, visit www.pecb.com.
Who should attend?
- Members of Information Security teams and/or Risk Management teams
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of any of the course subjects
- Business Continuity Team Members
- Any departmental managers handling information
- Staff involved in the implementation
- Technicians involved in operations
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Rinske Geerlings trained 1000+ individuals across Australasia, Europe, Latin America and Africa
- Assisted as a consultant 100+ companies with their Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Information Security and Risk Management challenges
- Presented at conferences globally, totalling 10,000+ delegates
Key benefits of choosing us as your provider
1. The examination is provided by the international PECB certification body (not just a local training company). Your certificate is recognised wherever you may travel in the world, including by multinational companies, and the PECB institute is ANSI certified.
2. The training delivered by an international expert trainer from Business As Usual, who has implemented Risk related processes across five continents and who delivers courses in an engaging way ensuring an optimal learning experience.
3. Life time certification fees are included in the exam price.
4. A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits per exam will be issued to participants by PECB.
5. In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.
Benefits of the program, and learning about the world’s best practice
- Meeting regulatory requirements
- Achieving insurance premium discounts
- Gaining competitive advantage when responding to Requests for Tender/Proposal (RfPs)
- Providing shareholders, customers, employees, third parties and general public with confidence in your business
- Ensuring common terminology/language about Information Security, risk and BCM across your organisation
- Enhancing motivation of your teams to perform well in regards to IS and BCP/BIA workshops and improvements
- Increase control over BC/DR/Risk/Security Management processes and improve the ability to measure progress
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for more information: +61 (0) 2 8006 2884. We’re here to help!
Dates and location
- 19 – 23 March 2018: Suva (Fiji). Click here to sign up for this training!
For any in-house options and international dates of this program anywhere in the world, submit an enquiry. Workshops in other cities in Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Europe, Latin America and Asia are held at request.