Information Security Training including ISO
“Thank you for making the course a really fantastic learning experience.” – IBM Consultant, Sydney
“I gained a lot of useful information, which I have been able to put to good use. I would recommend the course to other Bank colleagues who need to have a good understanding of Information Security” – Bendigo & Adelaide Bank
About the training
If you are keen to certify your Information Security (IS), join this 2-day ISO 27001 course including an ISO 27001 certification exam. This ISO standard is rapidly becoming the default standard in Information Security.
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013. This training is based on both theory and practice; sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases. During the training, review exercises are organised to assist the exam preparation. These practice tests are similar to the certification exams.
The trainer is also trained in the brand new ISO27032 Cyber Security standard and will incorporate related content into the course. The course also includes a range of Cyber Crime (i.e. malware, data breach etc) case studies as well as a practical exercise “How to prepare for and facilitate a Business Continuity Rehearsal including a Cyber Threat scenario”.
- To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001
- Learn about the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organisation
- Discover the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Information Security Management System
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to contribute to implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
For more information about the exam, refer to the section on ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Exam
A certificate of “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation” will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential
We are proud to report that 99% of our delegates who have participated in the certification courses and taken the exams since we’ve started hosting them, have passed the exam and obtained the internationally acclaimed ISO27001 certificate. Become one of them! Foundation candidates receive lifetime free recertification.
For more information about ISO/IEC 27001s and the PECB certification process, visit www.pecb.com
Who should attend?
- Members of Information Security teams and/or Risk Management teams.
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Any departmental managers handling information
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ISMS
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks.
- Rinske Geerlings trained 1000+ individuals across Australasia, Europe and Africa
- Assisted as a consultant 100+ companies with their Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Information Security and Risk Management challenges
- Presents at conferences globally, totalling 10,000+ delegates
Key benefits of choosing us as your provider
1. The examination is provided by the international PECB certification body (not just a local training company). Your certificate is recognised wherever you may travel in the world, and by multinational companies, and the PECB institute is ANSI certified.
2. The training delivered by an international expert trainer from Business As Usual, who have implemented Risk related processes across five continents and deliver courses in an engaging way ensuring an optimum learning experience.
3. Certification fees are included in the exam price
4. A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participant
5. In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.
Benefits of the program, and learning about the world’s best practice
- Meeting regulatory requirements
- Achieving insurance premium discounts
- Gaining competitive advantage when responding to Requests for Tender/Proposal (RfPs)
- Providing shareholders, customers, employees, 3rd parties and general public with confidence in your business
- Ensuring common terminology/language about Information Security and BCM across your organisation
- Enhancing motivation of your teams to perform well in regards to IS and BCP/BIA workshops and improvements
- Increase control over BC/DR/Risk/Security Management processes and improve the ability to measure progress.
Contact us if you want to know more about package deals for two or three subjects, group rates, fast track options and competitive rates for our world-class Foundation, Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor level courses and exams. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for more information: +61 (0) 2 8006 2884! We’re here to help!
Dates and location
- 25 – 27 February 2019: Penang (Malaysia). Send us an e-mail to up for this training!
- 14 – 15 March 2019: Sydney/Melbourne (Australia). Click here to sign up for this training!
- 27 – 28 May 2019: Sydney/Melbourne (Australia). Click here to sign up for this training!
For any in-house options and international dates of this program anywhere in the world, submit an enquiry. Workshops in other cities in Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Europe, Latin America and Asia are held at request.